Congratulations to Darrin Lythgoe.
TNG 8 – under development for about a year since the release of TNG 7 – was released today.
New & Improved in TNG 8:
- Better Search: Hover over the results to see a dynamic summary of each person or family on the list.
- Look and Feel: Most pages have been restyled for easier use and a nicer appearance.
- Easier Installation: Do more right up front and hit the ground running.
- Media: Enjoy a new image viewer, plus a more streamlined slide show.
- User Roles: New labels make it simple to assign rights to members of your family or research team.
- Relationship: Now locate multiple relationships between people in your file.
- Search Engines: A few key changes should make your pages more visible.
- People: Build your tree right from the pedigree page if you’d like.
- Dates: New calendar page summarizes family events.
- “Mod Manager”: Allows you to easily add or remove custom code changes.
- Plus more than 100 other improvements! See a complete list of all changes here. Tested on all major browser platforms.
Information about the software can be found here on Darrin’s site.
I’ve been testing this for quite a few weeks now, helping iron out the kinks along with several other users and Darrin. There are some great new features and capabilities added.
I’ve got my TNG Testing site upgraded, and hope to have my main site done this evening yet.
Now we can wonder what Darrin will choose to include in TNG 9 🙂