So we’re home after the trip out east to Newark, Delaware and Bar Harbor, Maine…
Travel Days were:
- 24 May pm – Caledonia to New Stanton, Pennsylvania – abt 440 miles;
- 25 May am – New Stanton, PA to Newark, Delaware – abt 245 miles;
- 27 May all day – Newark, DE to Bar Harbor, Maine – abt 625 miles in 12 1/2 hours;
- 2 June am – Bar Harbor, ME to the Mount Washington Cog Railway 255 miles in abt 5 1/2 hours, then to the summit of Mt Washington and back by Cog Railway;
- 2 June pm Mt Washington Cog Railway to Latham, New York (very near to Albany, New York) 216 miles in about 5 1/2 hours – a very long day!!!!!!;
- 3 June all day – Latham, NY to Bowling Green, Ohio – abt 620 miles in 10 1/2 hours;
- 4 June pm – after 7 1/2 hours in the Jerome Library on genealogy research – abt 200 miles back to Caledonia in abt 3 /12 hours.
Total travelling about 2,650 miles.
We spent 26 May in Newark, and then 28 May to 1 May in Bar Harbor where we did some local travelling around to Deer Island, Schoodic Head, and Cadillac Mountain and Acadia National Park which added another 270 or so miles.
Total mileage run 2,916, which used 105 gallons of fuel, which ranged in price/gallon from $2.22 in New Jersey to $2.96 back home in Caledonia.
So the number Don is waiting for is 27.76 mpg. Best run was 445 miles from somewhere in New York state back to Caledonia – 30.1 mpg. Worst run was all the mileage run around Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park – 24.3 mpg.